第一节：单项选择题 从每题所给的A, B, C, D四个选项中，选出最佳选项(本大题共15小题，每小题1分，共15分)
1. — I tried to make Kate her mind, but I found it hard.
— Well, I saw you that when I went past.
A. changes; do B. changes; doing C. to change; do D. change; doing
2. —“What do you think of them?”
—“I don’t know ______ is better, so I’ve taken ______ of them.”
A. what, both; B. what, none; C. which, both D. which, none
3. His writing is so confusing that it’s difficult to make out _____it is he is trying to express.
A. that B. how C. who D. what
4. He is so strong that I _____ fight against him.
A. dare not B. did dare not C. didn’t dare to D. dare not to
5. There was a lot of fun at yesterday's party. You ________ come, but why didn't you?
A. must have B. ought to have C. should D. need have
6. Despite the wonderful acting and well-developed plot, the _______ movie could not hold our attention.
A. three-hours B. three-hour C. three-hours' D. three-hour's
7. ____________that we couldn't catch up with him.
A. So fast he ran B. So fast did he run
C. So fast ran he D. Such fast did he run
8. We used to see each other , but I haven’t heard from him since last year.
A. especially B. regularly C. particularly D. approximately
9. The millions of calculation involved, had they been done by hand, _____ all practical value by the time they were finished.
A. had lost B. would lose
C. would have lost D. should have lost
10. This is one of the best novels that ____appeared this year.
A. have been B. has C. had been D. have
11. ——Did you remember to return the book to our English teacher?
——Yes. I gave it to him ________ I saw him.
A. once B. while C. if D. the moment
12. is a form of poem which has fourteen lines in each piece, defined as an expression of human emotion.
A.Free verse B.Sonnet C.Ode D.Epigram
13.The words“dad, papa, father”are examples of _____.
A.dialectal synonyms B.stylistic synonyms
C.emotive synonyms D.collocational synonyms
14. A very famous mountain in the west of the USA, which appeared in John Denven’s song, is regarded as the backbone of the North American Continent. It is
A.the Caucasus B. the Appalachian
C. the Colorado D. the Rockies
15. When the language is used____________by a person as a tool to ask another person to do something, what function of the language is being performed?
A.referential function B. informative function
C. directive function D. metalinguistic function
第二节：完型填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各题所给的四个选项中，选出最佳选项。(本大题共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 10 分)
Kierman was born in Sydney, Australia, and grew up near the sea. For more than 40 years, he raced in international sailing competitions.
In 1987, Kierman was competing in an around-the-world race when he began to__16__the huge amount of rubbish in the world’s oceans. When he returned to Australia, he__17__to do something about it.
He organized a community__18__called “Clean Up Sydney Harbour.” On Sunday, January 8, 1989, more than 40,000 volunteers came out to__19__away rubbish. The next year, Kierman made the clean-up a national event. It was a huge success. __20__Australia, about 300,000 people spent the day improving their local__21__.
Since then, “Clean Up Australia” has got__22__every year. In 2002, for example,800,000 people cleaned up almost 15,000 tons of rubbish from Australia’s beaches, parks and streets.
Kierman was__23__with the success of his project. In 2003, he started an even bigger program. With the__24__of the United Nations Environment Program, he introduced “Clean Up the World”, an international program that supports communities around the world in cleaning up and protecting the environment. “Clean Up the World” __25__rapidly and his wonderful idea has now spread from one city to the whole world.
16. A. save B. collect C. notice D. produce
17. A. refused B. decided C. pretended D. stopped
18. A. law B. party C. company D. event
19. A. clear B. send C. turn D. give
20. A. across B.in C. by D. through
21. A. culture B. project C. government D. environment
22. A. older B. smaller C. bigger D. faster
23. A. happy B. angry C. disappointed D. concerned
24. A. need B. help C. hope D. action
25. A. grow B. grows C. has grown D. growing
京ICP备16044424号-2 京公网安备 11010802023064号 Copyright © 2001-2021 hteacher.net 北京中师华图文化发展有限公司 版权所有